Sunday, July 22, 2007

You Are What You Read....

Reading is Fun by Maurice Sendak


I'm slowly cataloging my home library on line. I love to read and have an extensive book collection and for some crazy reason, I'm exposing it for all the world to view. Yes, many of the books I own are downright embarrassing and some are from past lives (oh those crazy college years), but you can tell a lot about a person by what's on their book shelves. I wouldn't be surprised if some of you run for your life and never visit me again! And I haven't gotten to the really weird ones yet.
Seriously, I am having some fun with this. I've barely scratched the surface of my collection, this is going to take some time. I use our extra bedroom as a library and I still have books in other rooms. This is helping me to organize my books better and I've also rediscovered a few old favorites. There's also several that I no longer have a need for, so I'll be finding new homes for them.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in doing, check out Library Thing. You don't have to put your books on your blog if you don't want to, but I figure if someone came to my home, they would see these books out in the open, so why not display them on my virtual home?
I also found this site: Gurulib, where you can catalogue your books, music, games, software, and movies. Something to do on a rainy day perhaps?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great idea and wish I could help, but I do not know any sites - although will try and check this out..

Peter

Luv the picture..

LBP said...

At the rate of speed that I bring new books into my library I would never get caught up! LOL. That's a great idea.

Lynne said...

Peter, I hope to one day add your book to my library :o)

Linda, I am guilty of the same. I'm ALWAYS looking to add more. I could live happily inside a library or bookstore and my home is starting to look like one!

Kelli said...

Lynne, my husband catalogs all of his books on-line too! He will probably never get caught up and the rate we get new ones. :0) Your extra bedroom library sounds wonderful!
Kelli

Meow (aka Connie) said...

That is a great idea ... have you looked into Shelfari ... that is where I have put most of my books.
Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lynne, oh how sweet !!

Peter