Friday, July 13, 2007

Show And Tell

Kelli is hosting a Show and Tell Friday. If you would like to join in the fun, visit Kelli's blog and leave a link to your post.

My show and tell for this week are just a couple of things I picked up at a large flea market in Columbus, NJ yesterday.

First is this yummy Jersey sweet corn-I'm going to have myself an ear as soon as I'm finished writing this post!




Next is this glass pitcher. I think this is so much nicer than those plastic pitchers to serve iced tea and lemonade in. Plus the ice makes that nice tinkly sound when you stir or pour the beverage. (I just hope Carlos doesn't use it for his Sweet Corn Tea!) Right now it is holding my favorite summer drink-pink lemonade. I'm not sure how "vintage" it is, but I like the round shape and the textured glass.

If you look on the right side of the photo in the back, you can see my two pink flamingos-they just had to get into the picture!





Thank you for looking at my Show and Tell and thank you Kelli for hosting.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your corn. The pitcher is a wonderful shape. Hmmm and about those flamingos, do they move around very often?!

... said...

i love the pitcher. is jersey corn different from other corn? just wondering. i've never had jersey corn (pretty sure, anyway).

thanks for sharing.

Lynne said...

Ellen-they do jump a bit when we use the weed whacker!

Diana-to me Jersey corn tastes sweeter, but I may be a bit biased.

Thanks for visiting.

Myrna said...

The pitcher is lovely. Seems I remember a pitcher like that in some relative's house in the '60s--except it was green.

Susan said...

Love the pitcher and it's shape. The corn looks yummy.
Susan

Kelli said...

MMm...your fresh corn looks delicious and I love your new pitcher..I agree, glass pitchers are lovely! How do you make your pink lemonade??

Kelli

Anonymous said...

The pitcher is a wonderful design and luv the colour - worthy of praise and make good use of.

Peter

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Yummy, the corn looks wonderful.
I love the pitcher, it is beautiful.
Hope you are enjoying your Summer.
Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

Oh How neat is that!! Love the pitcher and YES you are right when the ice clinks around.

Steffi said...

Very nice pictures again!
Have a nice weekend!

Lallee said...

I love sweet corn in the summer. Yum!

I had that same pitcher in aqua and broke it pouring hot tea into without thinking one day. Wagh! Love yours.

Lynne said...

Kelli-it's Wylers pink lemonade from a mix-I wish I knew how to make the real thing!

Gina E. said...

Sweet corn is delish...anywhere in the world! The pitcher is gorgeous; I've never seen one in such a glorious shade of tangerine like that.