Saturday, July 21, 2007

Freaky Friday

Three Black Cats by Maud Lewis


Friday the 13th arrived a week late for me! Had quite a challenging day at work but things seemed to improve after I arrived home as Carlos had picked up some Chinese take-out so making dinner was at least out of the way. He left to go fishing with his buddies down the waterfront as he usually does on Friday nights and I fed Raven and Jeter.
I sat down to watch the 5 o'clock news and I did a mini version of Rip Van Winkle, for I fell asleep and did not awaken until nearly 10 pm! And then I remembered "Show and Tell Friday" so I attempted to take some photos and my camera reads "WARNING BATTERY EXHAUSTED" (apparently the fatigue is contagious) so that idea went out the window.
I turned on the computer to see what my blogging friends had posted and my hubby comes home violently ill from some kind of stomach bug. (He's much better today)
So this morning I wake up, head still foggy, eyes red, itchy, and puffy, and that can only mean one thing-my summer allergy season has officially begun! I do have a prescription nasal spray but one has to take it in order for it to be effective.
This morning I managed to shampoo the carpet (you don't want to know why!) and make some potato salad. I need to take a walk to the post office before it closes or before I succumb to another allergy-induced siesta.
I looked outside my front door for a moment just in time to see a small black cat walk by-apparently the fun is not over yet. I guess I will just have to proceed with caution as I attempt to accomplish my agenda. Better take my "lucky penny" with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lynne, what an entertaining post you have here!!

I sometimes find myself doing the same a doze lasting long hours.

I find myself having to use my inhaler quite a lot lately - nothing to do with pipe - though!!

Now who is the quilty party - carpet cleaning???

I just hope the rest of the weekend is more relaxing and 'event' free!!

Enjoy the weekend.

Peter

Lynne said...

Peter-Both hubby and pets made contributions to the messy carpet, but I have to say Carlos was the biggest donor! It's a very light beige color (well its supposed to be!), nearly impossible to keep clean and one day I'm just going to tear that baby up and toss it! Light colored wall-to-wall carpeting is not for households with large dogs, kids, or in our case-people with Sasquatch size feet!