Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy Birthday America!

4th of July, Sailor Boy Jumping out of Rocket


4th JULY QUOTES

"We hold these truths to be self evident,
that all men are created equal."
~Thomas Jefferson~

"I know not what course others may take,
but as for me,
give me liberty or give me death."
~Patrick Henry~

"Our flag is red, white and blue,
but our nation is a rainbow -
red, yellow, brown, black and white -
and we're all precious in God's sight."
~Jesse Jackson~

"Our flag is our national ensign,
pure and simple,
behold it! Listen to it!
Every star has a tongue,
every stripe is articulate."
~Robert C. Winthrop (1809-1894),
Senator from Massachusetts~

"You can't appreciate home
till you've left it,
money till it's spent,
your wife until she's joined a woman's club,
nor Old Glory till you see it hanging
on a broomstick on a shanty
of a consul in a foreign town."
~O. Henry (1862-1919)~


Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th.

5 comments:

... said...

i really like the one by jesse jackson. hope your 4th is a happy one.

Anonymous said...

"Happy 4th July" to all in America and so luv the quotations from those wise folk.

Peter

Anonymous said...

Luv the 'clock' - just the way I feel - first thing in the morning!!

Hope you had a great 4th of July..

Peter

Steffi said...

Happy 4th July from me too! Have a nice day!

Lynne said...

Diana, I also like that quote, may cross-stitch it someday.
Hope you, Steffi and Peter had a happy 4th.
I look like that cat clock after my second cup of coffee!