Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Summer Afternoon On The Porch

One of my favorite places to spend a summer afternoon is on our front porch. I like to read there or just watch whatever comes to visit the garden that day. Here's a photo of some of the flowers on one side of the porch:



I was attempting to take some pictures of butterflies, but it was pretty windy outside and most of the photos were blurry. However, Mr. Bee was kind enough to pose for a shot atop this purple coneflower:



And this black-eyed Susan:



Apparently Mr. Bee was on some kind of top-secret mission, for he chased me after I snapped his photo!

Who can this be, hiding behind the flowers?



I also recommend that if you are trying to take pictures of butterflies, for best results leave your chubby kitty cat with the tiny head indoors.



That's Jeter, enjoying the show at the butterfly bush.
I took this picture while lying down on my stomach to get the best angle to show off my cat's unique physique. And wouldn't you know it, at the same time my postman was coming up the front steps. He did look at me rather strangely as he handed me the mail.

Thank you for looking at my pictures. Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lynne, I so luv all the photo's - they are magic !!

And of course your great story telling - enhances all the more - including with 'wee' jester - that cat seriously needs to exercise - although as I look at myself - well perhaps not!!

You should have a sign - saying 'postie's beware' - when you are up to your antics !!

Peter

LBP said...

Your front porch looks very pretty! And you cat certainly does have a unique physique.

Thanks for sharing!

Linda

Kelli said...

What a wonderful porch you have, Lynne! It looks so relaxing and your flowers are beautiful! It looks like your kitty enjoyed himself too!
Kelli

Lynne said...

Jeter loves the porch-it's his favorite "room". Sometimes when people walk by they ask me if he is expecting kittens.