Friday, July 27, 2007

Show And Tell

Kelli is hosting a Show and Tell Friday. If you would like to join the fun, please visit Kelli's blog and leave a link to your post.

My show and tell for this Friday are these photos of some of the pretty winged visitors to my butterfly bush.

This first one is of a red admiral butterfly. These are probably my most frequent guests. Sometimes one will actually land on me for a few seconds.




This painted lady wouldn't let me get too close. Her wings are so pretty when open, but she was a bit camera shy.




A pretty tiger swallowtail stopped by for a visit:




And this majestic monarch kept teasing me by landing close by and then taking off as soon as I would try to take his picture. Don't you just love his spots?



I love sitting on the front porch in the summertime and watching what stops by. I'm still waiting on my favorite black eastern swallowtails to pay me a visit.

Thank you for looking at my show and tell and thank you Kelli for hosting.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, beautiful bush and beautiful butterflies. How lovely. blessings.

Susan said...

You got some good shots of the beautiful butterlies. That is a lovely bush they are on too.
Susan

Kelli said...

Such pretty garden visitors, Lynne! The Tiger Swallowtail is gorgeous!
Kelli

... said...

i remember collecting butterflies as a kid. i used to know all the names. now, sadly, i don't. but obviously you do. how fun to sit and watch for them.

thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wow - the butterflies are great! Fun that you were able to capture them in the photos!

Myrna said...

Simply beautiful! God has given us some beautifulthings to enjoy1 Thank you for sharing.

Kim said...

What pretty butterflies. We have catmint in our front yard and it draws all sorts of bees, butterflies and unfortunately cats. Thanks for sharing.

Susie said...

Great photos of those butterflies!
Amazing colors :)

Anonymous said...

Really amazing and how wonderful to see in your delightful photo's.

A butterfly is always a welcome sight.

Peter