Monday, July 30, 2007

OUCH!!!!

Playing Nurse, Sick Dog


Got a bit of a boo-boo at work today :o( Hurt my shoulder when some heavy boxes fell on me. It's only bruised-having that extra body fat comes in handy sometimes.

Raven's a little mad 'cause she can't have "walkies" tonight but she'll be thrilled when she learns that I'll be home tomorrow. She knows when Momma's home we share a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast. And weather permitting, we will be doing this outside in the backyard, enjoying the summer morning. This is something we don't do too often, since I'm usually at work before the sun comes up.

And speaking of "walkies", I never noticed the effect of having a large dog walking me for the past twelve years or so had on my shoulders. At first the doctor thought my right shoulder was swollen until she compared it with the left one and noticed they were pretty much the same size.

Seems I have managed to build some muscle in that area- unfortunately the rest of me has not benefited as much from these doggie workouts. Looks like I may need to upgrade to a St. Bernard to get a total body makeover

6 comments:

... said...

ouch is right... hope your boo boo starts feeling better.

is that shoulder thing from the dog pulling on the leash? and how big is your dog? just wondering.

Anonymous said...

I feel the pain too!!

Still look on the bright side enjoying Tuesday in the garden with such glorious weather and a breakfast (devine). No wonder Raven would be in her element.

It looks like the 'walkies' will have to be extended (how about (5)MILES - each way - every night?

Peter
ps take Jester too - could definately do with a work out!!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say - such a sweet picture too!!

Were you like that in your childhood?

Peter

Lynne said...

Diana-Raven is a female Doberman, around 60-70 lbs. A bit small for her breed, but she is very strong. She usually walks normal unless she sees a squirrel or some other animal. I try to walk her around sunset now, after the squirrls have gone to "bed".

Yes Peter, I was like that in my childhood. I've always been an animal lover. I had a cat that would let me dress hin up like a doll and I would wheel him around in a baby carriage.
I'm sure Jeter is thankful I don't do that anymore!

Kelli said...

Sorry to hear about your "boo-boo!" Have a wonderful day at home resting and spending time with Raven!

Kelli
P.s. I love the picture...too cute!

Lynne said...

Thank you Kelli.