Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Dark And Stormy Day

Storm Warning by John Lund


Big boomers here today. They've let up for a while, but my cat, Jeter has yet to emerge from his hiding place. Not to worry, for he has a way of magically appearing like clockwork every day at 5 pm. Hey, what do you know; guess who just walked into the room? Scram kitty cat! You're 25 minutes early for din-din!

There's a few power outages around here. Luckily it hasn't affected us, not yet anyway. Many of the traffic lights are out. Should be a most interesting evening.

The humidity has broken a bit, but the rest of this week we can expect pretty much of the same kind of weather. Looks like it's going to be another hot, sticky, and buggy August in the state of NJ.

My veggie garden has gotten so dense I can barely get in there to search for hidden squash and cucumbers. Looks like I overdid it with the Miracle Grow again! One of these years maybe I'll get it right.

Well, I'm getting "feed me" faces from the furry ones so I'll stop my rambling here. They can get pretty persuasive when they're hungry. Maybe I should send them into the garden to hunt for cucumbers.

4 comments:

... said...

i love a good thunderstorm but don't care for the humidity. hope you're able to enjoy the upcoming week.

Anonymous said...

Wow, hope it eases so 'Raven' can go 'walkies'.

Humidity is not something I enjoy, although I think we are safe from that here (what - summer).

Jester, get a watch - it's easier!!

Luv the photo too!!

Peter

Kelli said...

I love thunderstorms as long as the power stays on! We had a big one yesterday and are supposed to get more this week. They are helping to keep the tempertature down. Your garden sounds like it is growing well! Emily picked some of her baby carrots today..so cute!
Kelli

Steffi said...

Very beautiful picture!I like stormy and dark days only when I can be at home without my work...