Friday, July 6, 2007

Show And Tell

It's Show and Tell Friday! If you would like to join the fun , please visit Kelli's blog and leave a link to your post.

I thought I would post some pictures of my summer perennials that are just starting to bloom for this week's Show and Tell. "July is really dressed up and playing her tune" here!

This first picture is Monarda or Bee Balm. I call it my "4th of July flower", because every year, without fail, that's when it blooms.





In this next photo are some Black-eyed Susans and the taller purple flower is Gayfeather. I like combining round yellow flowers with spiky blue or purple flowers. The Susans started out as a small clump just a few years ago and they've really spread. They will continuously bloom through the summer and early fall.



And the flowers in this last photo are actually annuals, but the marigolds always reseed themselves in this container, so it's almost like they're perennials. I also have some type of spiky purple flower planted with them.(Sorry, can't remember their name)



Thank you for looking at my flowers, and thank you Kelli for hosting Show And Tell Friday.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh, I really enjoy summer color thanks for sharing yours. blessings.

Julieann said...

OHHH!!! Your flowers are so pretty---Thank you so much for sharing them.

Have a lovely weekend:)

Julieann

LBP said...

What pretty flowers. I've benn seeing that "Bee Balm" on several blogs. I really like that.

... said...

absolutely beautiful. i'm missing my flowers. i didn't plant much this year becuase i knew they'd die when we went to california. thanks for sharing yours.

Kelli said...

Ooh..just pretty flowers!! The bee balm is gorgeous and I love your colorful flowerpots!

Kelli

Amanda said...

Very pretty! I hope I can get a garden started for next year!

Susan said...

Lovely flowers. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Susan

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty flowers...very colorful!

Anonymous said...

You are indeed a natural - in the garden - as your wonderful displays clearly show.

Have a lovely weekend

Peter

Steffi said...

Very beautiful flowers !I like it to see.Have a nice weekend!