Thursday, May 3, 2007

Show and Tell



My show and tell for this week is my lilac bush. Spring has FINALLY arrived here in NJ in a big way and there are so many beautiful trees and shrubs in bloom right now. It's really true-April showers DO bring May flowers. We have been blessed with perfect spring weather lately and I hope everyone else is enjoying the same. How I wish I could upload the fragrance of these flowers to share with you, but as far as I know the technology to do that does not yet exist. I planted this lilac bush about 13 years ago when I first moved into my home. It was just a tiny little twig of a plant I found at Wal- Mart for $5.00 and I can't believe how much it has grown since then. It didn't bloom for the first few years, but it's sure making up for it now. Every May it puts on quite a show. Lilacs have always been one of my favorite flowers. I just wish I had the room to plant more of them.
Once again, thank you Kelli for hosting this Show and Tell.

11 comments:

Trella said...

How very beautiful. Amazing to see what twig can become. I love lilacs.

Mary L. Briggs said...

What a lovely lilac bush! Just discovered you blog from a link on Peter's. I enjoyed looking around and will be back!

Portrait of Peter said...

I got to agree that is so amazing and to think you only paid $5.00 - a real bargain and it goes to show how nuturing has achieved so much over the years.

Lilac trees are so wonderful in bloom.

Enjoy your day.

Kelli said...

I'm so glad you shared your lilac bush with us, Lynne! I was just telling my mom how much I miss them..it seems everyone has lilacs where I'm from (Ontario, Canada.) Yours are so beautiful, enjoy them for
me! :0)
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, that is just gorgeous, I think I might see about planting one!

LBP said...

Lilacs are one of my favorites and I can't get one to grow in this red mud clay to save my life! They are so beautiful and fragrant.

Momma Roar said...

Oh how I miss my lilac bush from our last house. We were just outside this evening trying to find a spot for a new one! I wish you could upload that lovely fragrance for me!

Susan said...

Oh how lovely. I love the smell of lilacs. Sorry to say a frost got my blooms this year. I'll look forward to next year. Thanks for sharing yours. Wish I could smell them :o)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I came over by way of Peter's blog!

Portrait of Peter said...

Hi Lynne,

They are called "Highland Cattle" - always popular attraction here in Scotland.

Portrait of Peter said...

Sorry Lynne, "Highland Cattle" relates to your question on my site!!