Monday, May 14, 2007

Gardening in the Garden State

Grandma's Garden by Robert Duncan

Hello, just trying to do my share these past few days to help my state of NJ live up to it's official nickname. And believe me, it needs all the help it can get. There's not a lot of open space left where I live. And where little patches of green survive, Canadian geese have staked their claim. They are cute, but they are sooo messy! Anyway, I'm just trying to pretty up my little corner of the planet. And it's also very good therapy after a long day at work. It helps sometimes to commune with nature to regain one's sanity.
I still have a lot of planting to do. I'll post pictures if it doesn't look too ugly. And I'll carefully crop them so it won't look like New Jersey. Although there may be a goose or two.

3 comments:

Portrait of Peter said...

Thanks LYNNE, for a wonderful motivating post (now I feel guilty about my garden).

Hope you are keep up diplomatic relations with the Canada Geese!!

Looking forward to viewing any photo's and how marvelous that you are showing by example tidying up the area.

Luv the picture too - does give one inspiration.

Lynne said...

I like the geese, but my dog doesn't care very much for them. There's a lot of them living in a cemetery near our home. Smart geese, they know the residents there won't complain.

I still have a lot of planting to do. Hope to post pictures soon.

Portrait of Peter said...

Got to agree - smart geese - cemetery!!!

Had to laugh - and that is what I've been lacking past days.

Take Care and thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers for little Madeleine.