Tuesday, May 1, 2007

MAY DAY! MAY DAY!

Make Yourself at Home
Make Yourself at Home


I've been attempting to do some much needed spring cleaning, but being a bit of a packrat and also domestically challenged, I'm not making too much progress. And apparently, it's long overdue. Here's just a few of the treasures I've unearthed so far: (WARNING-IF YOU ARE A CLEAN, NEAT, ORGANIZED, PERSON DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER)
1. A pocket calendar from 2003.
2. A phone book from 1997.
3. Enough cat hair under the bed to make a clone of my kitty.
4. The remote control for the bedroom tv (yay!)
5. Christmas gifts that my husband bought and wrapped for his family at least five years ago (ho ho ho!)
6. Assorted squeaky dog toys.
7. A few dead house plants (please don't ask)
8. And other stuff that is just too GROSS to mention.
This is just the tip of the iceberg in the master bedroom-I haven't even looked in the closet yet!
I'm sure that's a real treasure trove of trash. Maybe I'll be finished by NEXT spring!
Oh, and an honorable mention goes to the jar of pickles in the fridge that expired in 1998!

2 comments:

Portrait of Peter said...

Forgive me - if I decline an invitation (for the next 2 years).

Joke, honest.

I so luv your post and the picture too - how neat!!

They mystique of one's home - is always all the more appealing.

Enjoy your day.

Lynne said...

My home's mystique can be at times more appalling than appealing, but I'm working on it. Thanks for visiting.