Monday, May 21, 2007

Archie


I couldn't let May 20th slip by without a tribute to my Sheltie, Archie, who left us five years ago on our anniversary. He was such a funny dog, sometimes I think he was even laughing at me because he would make this "heh heh heh" sound when he did something bad.
I took that dog almost everywhere with me. He would ride next to me in my pick-up wearing sunglasses and a bandanna and we would often go on "dates" to Stewart's Drive-In and share a burger and fries. That is until I met Carlos. I know Archie was a little bit jealous of him even though they got along fine. Maybe that's why he died on our anniversary-one last "heh heh heh".
I don't know what happened to his tail in this picture-he did have some plumage back there. And no, that is not my motorcycle in the background.
I hope to own another Sheltie someday. But for now, my present dog, Raven would like for me to get off the computer now so she can walk me-it's a really beautiful evening here.
And I know somewhere Archie is saying "heh heh heh" as he watches her dragging me around the town.

1 comment:

Portrait of Peter said...

Oh Lynne, Archie looked so wonderful - love his markings and facial expression - sheltie's are just so appealing in their nature.

Fully understand what you mean about being jealous too - guess my Ruby was the same.

Remember Archie - always and of the fond memories you shared together and his watching over you with Raven.

Such a sweet photo of Archie.

Peter