Saturday, May 19, 2007

Beautiful Women Month

Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday by Augusto Di Giovanni
Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday

I would like to share with you an email sent to me from my sister:

Did you know that it's Beautiful Women Month? Well, it is and that means you !!!
Below is a wonderful poem Audrey Hepburn wrote when asked to share her "beauty tips." It was read at her funeral years later.

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness...
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone...
People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed,and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.
As you grow older,you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

7 comments:

... said...

what a beautiful quote from ms. hepburn. she was always so classy but i had never heard this quote before. it makes her even more so in my book.

thanks for sharing it with us.

Portrait of Peter said...

Hi Lynne,

How did you know that Audrey Hepburn is my favourite - I would still comb my hair (if able to find) for Audrey - fell in love with her in Roman Holiday and boy was I jealous of Gregory Peck too.

So luv this post and the picture of Audrey (heart racing again).

Have a great weekend.

Peter

Lynne said...

sweet Audrey Hepburn, still beautiful when she left us too soon at age 63, I'm glad you enjoyed this post, Diana and Peter.

Peter-did you watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's" yet?

Portrait of Peter said...

Sorry Lynne still in it's wrapper - keeping for when I can just have an evening to unwind!!

I just noticed you had a 'sheltie'.

Me too, I luv the sheltie - wonderful and so loyal too, I do miss my sheltie some (3) years now.

Portrait of Peter said...

That dementia moment again - Forgot to say "Happy Anniversary" to you both.

Enjoy the day!!

Lynne said...

Thank you Peter-it's been 5 years since "Archie" left us. Someday I'll post about him. I still cry over that dog whenever I think about him.

Portrait of Peter said...

I fully understand, sometimes our pet's are more genuine and affectionate - to that of humans.

Give me a sheltie - every time!!