Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hail To The Chief

Bushisms- Not A Tree
Bushisms- Not A Tree



Well, guess who is visiting my neck of the woods as I type this tonight? Why it's none other than our commander-n-chief, George W. Bush. Yes, Mr. President is now appearing at a fundraiser in Edison. NJ, which is the town I grew up in and also where I work. Fortunately, I was able to get home before his motorcade came through, as security was pretty tight in the area and some of the roads I travel on were temporarily closed.


Bushisms- Good Question
Bushisms- Good Question



Sadly, I won't be attending this exciting event since ticket prices start at $300 to $5,000 if you want a "photo opportunity" with the president. Wow-that would have made a great show and tell for this Friday!


Those who Enter Our Country Illegally
Those who Enter Our Country Illegally



So, I'll just have to make do with these funny pictures of him featuring some of his famous "Bushisms". No, it's not the same as being there in person, but it is more budget friendly. Besides, that $300 could buy me a tank of gas.

3 comments:

Portrait of Peter said...

We usually have the same problem when either the Queen attends a function or even worst Tony Blair - soon to be gone Prime Minister!!

Always a nightmare for us - whose daily lives are thrown into chaos and usually at short notice, thankfully not that often and certainly not in my village - quess they don't know it exists - how wonderful that is!!

Lynne said...

Bush will be leaving us in about a year and a half-I'm not going to miss him very much!

Portrait of Peter said...

I feel the same way about our Prime Minister - Tony Blair - he is due to leave around the end of June!!

He is presently touring the world = in his farewell visits - at the wee the 'Tax Payers' expense.

Do you know he has not once mentioned little Madeleine McCann - even on his travels - just think if he had - this would have helped tremendously with the publicity!!

Such is his true character!! I never liked him and is proving the case now all the more.