Sunday, December 30, 2007

What Are You Doing New Years?

For us, it's going to be a Chinese take-out and jammie night. We're both working tomorrow, for me it's 5am to 3:15 pm, so if I'm going to ring 2008, I'm going to need a nap! Anyway, here is one place where I will NOT be tomorrow night:

Times Square by Rick Anderson
Times Square


Almost did go there today, since we never did get around to checking out the tree in Rockefeller Center this year. But the weather got a little yucky, so our plans changed. Oh well, there's always next year.

So we'll be on our couch tomorrow night, watching all the crazy people who will be in Times Square to ring in the New Year. We're well stocked here with drinks, munchies, and of course, noisemakers. And if I actually do make it to midnight, I'll be on our front porch with a boombox playing this most awful recording of cats meowing (singing?) "Auld Lang Syne". I do this every year.

Be thankful that you do not live on my street!

Have a happy and blessed New Year!

2 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Went to Times Square one time while visiting...It is electric! Can't imagine it for New Years...think I wouldn't be able to handle it...Chinese take out would suit me better too....Happy New Year to you!

... said...

we're staying in, too. that's usually what we do, but this year it will be frigidly cold. no thank you... i'll stay in where's it's warm and safe and i can close my eyes before midnight if i want.

i hope 2008 is a wonderful and joy-filled year for you.