Friday, December 28, 2007

Show And Tell



Kelli at There Is No Place Like Home is hosting Show and Tell Friday. If you would like to join the fun, please visit Kelli's blog and leave a link to your post.

I've been waiting for this time of year to show off my collection of vintage New Years Eve noisemakers. I'm always on the lookout for them whenever I visit my favorite flea markets and antique places. Usually they are pretty inexpensive and in good condition since they are only used once a year. I love all the different designs and colors.

Here's a little bit of my collection, There are horns, rattles, bells, and ones that spin. I'm not sure how old they are. I think most of them are from the '50's and '60's, but I think a couple of them may be from the '40's:



These three are my favorites:



Uh oh-looks like someone has started celebrating a bit too early-better hide that catnip!




Thank you for looking at my Show and Tell and thank you Kelli for hosting.

8 comments:

nancy said...

What a unique thing to collect. I was born in the 40's and do remember some of your pieces. Almost all of them looked familiar to me. The one in the middle of the display of 3 items (a clown is on the left) is undoubtedly a performer known as Carmen Miranda. That is an oldy. I don't think I ever saw one of her movies myself, but remember the grownups talking about her. She is always pictured with a pile of fruit on her head. That would be an OLD one. It would sure be fun to try to date them.
Thanks for the very cool "show & tell"
Nancy

Susan said...

What cute noise makers and what a neat thing to collect!!
Susan

Rose of Sharon said...

I love them! I love all of them! I own a handful of them too, I think they are so fun. I make a little vignette for my window sil for New years and I use a couple of them.

Happy new Year!

Sharon

Martha said...

How unique. Happy New year,

Blessings,
~Martie

... said...

oh, how fun. i never have thought of collecting something like that. hope your new year's eve is as fun as your noise makers :]

Kelli said...

What a fun and unique collection, Lynne! They are so cute and it looks like your kitty is ready to party..hehehe.
Hugs,
Kelli

Changes in the wind said...

How fun! Do you display them all year or only at New Years?

Cjdusse said...

Thanks for sharing. The noise makers are so colorful and beautiful.