Sunday, October 14, 2007

Where's George?




Ever get one one of these Where's George? dollar bills? Well I was holding one hostage for about two weeks because I wasn't quite sure where I should release "George". I thought about bringing him to New York, but then another idea hit me. Since my dad and I usually make a trip to the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania in the fall, why not cross the Delaware River with "George", just like the real President Washington did many years ago.

I had wanted to use the bill to pay the toll at the bridge. It's funny how in New Jersey they let you in for free, but you have to pay to leave! Anyway, "George" managed to hide himself from me, so I ended up using another bill, since I was holding up the line at the toll booth.

So it was time for plan "B". Some lucky waitress at this diner in the Poconos is now the proud caretaker of "George". He was part of her tip.



Then Dad and I went to this nearby flea market to look at antiques and other "treasures". Notice that man walking the dog? He's wearing a "NY Mets World Series Champions" jacket. Now that's what I call an antique!



We then went to a few antique marketplaces where I found a few interesting things. You may see them some day soon on "Show and Tell Friday"!

It was just a bit too early to see the area in its autumn finery. Soon this mountain will be a pretty patchwork of fall colors.



I would really love to move to this area someday. It's much more laid back than where I presently live. And quieter. And cleaner. And less expensive. Sounds like a no-brainer to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great tour with a difference and some excellent photo's to view..

Must admit I luv to visit Antique fairs too.

... said...

looks like a nice little excursion. i've picked up a dollor or two with a "where's george" stamp on it. and i then went and recorded it on the web site, but stopped there. it would be fun to watch where all a dollar bill would travel.