Friday, October 26, 2007

Show And Tell



Kelli at There is No Place Like Home is hosting Show and Tell Friday. If you have something you would like to show, please visit Kelli's blog and leave a link to your post.

My show and tell this Friday are these two pumpkins I painted. I recently found a book with lots of vintage Halloween images and I thought some of them would look cute on pumpkins. When I was younger, my Dad would take us pumpkin picking and then we would bring our pumpkins home and paint them. It's been a long, long time since I've done that. In fact usually my pumpkins get eaten by squirrels, so I think these faces may be scaring them away!

This friendly guy sits on the porch next to the front door:



And this Halloween kitty sits on the other side of the door:



I may paint a few more this weekend if I do some more pumpkin picking.

Thank you for looking at my show and tell and thank you Kelli for hosting.

10 comments:

Hannah said...

Cool my sister has a pumpkin from the
tooth fairy that we haven't made into
a jack 'o' lantern yet.Your pumpkins are so pretty!thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hey - cool artist - luv them....

Must admit I am jealous - of the teeth .....

Anonymous said...

Those pumpkins will sure last longer than if you carved them. Nice work on the painting.

Mommy said...

Your very talanted. :) Very cute, I like them alot. :)

Speaking of squirls eating your pumpkins, have you ever seen the youtube video of the poor little squirl that gets drunk on the over rippened pumpkin? It is too funny to watch!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed visiting yours. :)

Anonymous said...

Fun pumpkins! Happy Hallween to you. hope you have to give out lots of candy....

Mary said...

So cute. It's fun to decorate the pumpkins with markers and other decorative items.

... said...

those are so fun looking. you did a great job. i bet they look nice wherever you have them sitting. do you open them up at some point and roast the seeds or use the meat in some way?

thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Those are great! Happy Halloween!

Unknown said...

Great fun art

Blessings and bliss

Carole Burant said...

Such delightful pumpkins!! I wish I knew how to paint like that, sure would beat having to carve the 6 pumpkins I bought! lol xo