Friday, October 12, 2007

Show and Tell Friday



Kelli at There Is No Place Like Home is hosting a "Show and Tell Friday". If you would like to join the fun, please visit Kelli's blog and leave a link to your post.

My Show and Tell for this Friday are these pieces of vintage costume jewelry:




The two necklaces were given to my father years ago by an elderly neighbor of his for repairing her furnace. He really didn't want to take them, but she insisted. He then gave them to me. I really don't know much about them, but I think they may be from the 1920's.

The enameled pin in the middle of the necklace with the blue stones is something that I picked up at an antique flea market in London many years ago. I confess that I really don't know much about that piece either, but I liked it because of all the colors. And it looks like my flash landed dead center in it! One day I'm going to learn to take better pictures!

Thank you for looking at my Show and and thank you Kelli for hosting.

P.S.-Have a great vacation!

15 comments:

nannykim said...

Wow--those are gorgeous--I love the pin ; and the blue necklace is just awesome. It has such a neat story with the necklaces--love stuff like that!!

... said...

how beautiful. i just love the old stuff. they are unique and you know there's history attached to them.

thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty!!!! Very pretty. I like the amethyst. [my birthstone]

Drop by for some hard candies? I'd love to see you visit my Show N Tell if you haven't already.

Kristy Jo said...

those are BEAUTIFUL pieces.. and the one is my favorite (the purple) its my birthstone!~ i am partial!

Mommy said...

Very pretty. That was very sweet for the lady to give something away like that. Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Unique beauty and may your treasure the importance attached.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

How pretty!


my first show and tell is up

Susan said...

Very lovely costume jewelry pieces. Do you wear them?
Susan

Anonymous said...

What lovely pieces!

Martha said...

Such beautiful pieces! A neat story on how your father came to have them.

Thanks for sharing,
Jane

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Your jewels are very pretty - and unique. I'm sure the lady who gave them to your dad would love to know they are so cherished.

Quinne said...

Hi Lynne :) These are pretty! How fun it would be to get all dressed up and wear them. Blessings! Q

Anita said...

I love such old jewellery and if there is a story behind - like yours - it's even better!

Your necklaces are very pretty indeed!

Best wishes from Germany,
Anita

Tammy said...

So beautiful- I especially love the blue necklace. Thanks for sharing these!
(If you haven't already, please come check out mine!)