Monday, October 15, 2007

More of Him Monday

Diana at Sunshine on My Shoulders is hosting More of Him Monday. Be sure to visit her blog and read other's uplifting posts.



I need more of Him in my life. More of Him and less of eating and sitting on my butt (which I'm doing right now). Today I went to the doctor. And the news is not pretty. I really let myself go. So the next few months will be full of tests (YIKES!), more doctor appointments and other fun stuff. And I need to lose weight. More than just a few pounds. Not an easy thing to do this time of year.

I need Him to guide me and to give me the strength to make much needed changes in my lifestyle. And the willpower to stick with it.

The More of Him and less of me diet plan. There's a lot of work to be done here. So why am I still sitting here? Time to get moving!

4 comments:

... said...

i'm with you... i need more of Him in my life and less of me - and everything i fill my life with that isn't good or healthy for me. thanks for sharing that.

and thanks for sharing a part of your life that's hard to be honest and open about. i pray that you find a diet (hate that word) plan that works for you and you find success. also, that you have positive outcomes from any and all tests.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing. Looking to Him as motivation for getting healthy will keep you motivated longer, I think. We give up on ourselves too quickly. He never gives up on us.

Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

May you so achieve with the guidance of prayer and allow your dreams to encourage those feet...

Lynne said...

Thank you Diana, Heather and Peter for your thoughts and prayers.

I have been neglecting myself both spritually and physically.

Thanks again for your encouraging words of kindness.