Saturday, April 7, 2007

M&M Party Cookies


It's a brrr 32 degrees here in New Jersey. It feels more like winter than spring. So what's a girl to do?-why bake some cookies of course! I usually make these for Christmas with red and green M&M's, but I used the pastel colored ones for Easter. I know they look kind of weird, but they're still pretty yummy. I once made them using the peanut butter filled M&M's and they turned out awesome.


1 cup shortening (I use unsalted butter)

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

2 tsp. vanilla

2 eggs

2 1/4 cups sifted flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 1/2 cups M&M candies

Blend shortening and brown and white sugars in a large bowl. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Sift remaining dry ingredients together, add to sugar and egg mixture, blending well. Stir in 1/2 cup of candies. Drop from teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate tops with remaining candies. Bake at 375 degrees, 8 to 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hurzeler said...

Dear Lynne,
Thank you so much for coming to my blog Homespun Warmth! Happy Easter by the way. I definitely think enjoying the years where it is just my husband and I is fun too. We have been able to do things that God has used to bless us because we didn't have children and for that I am so grateful. And if God decides to someday give us children that will be wonderful too. It is amazing to me how when I quit thinking about myself how God's joy overtakes me. Life is great. God Bless You. Please come again to my blog, I really enjoyed your wisdom.

Kelli said...

Hello Lynne,
I found your blog through Mrs. Wilts. I hope you had a wonderful Easter with your family! Your new blog looks wonderful!
Kelli