Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Dogs and April Showers

Rain or Fine Dogs Must be Taken for Their Walk by Bernard Boutet De Monvel


I remember reading somewhere that the difference between cats and dogs is this: A dog thinks YOU are God and a cat thinks HE is God. Well, I know better, but my dog seems to think I can control the weather. It's been raining here today , so the pooch and I did not go for our after dinner walk and boy was she mad! My dog throws things when she doesn't get her way and she also likes to tip over her bowl filled with food. A bit spoiled , you think? So anyway, I let her outside and she manages to sneak by me with one of my shoes in her mouth so I end up chasing her around the yard in the rain to fetch my footwear. And she's enjoying every minute of it and barking at me and I think she's saying: "HA HA - I got you outside! Now make it stop raining and WALK ME!"

So now here I sit, slightly damp, at the computer with my wet and somewhat stinky dog sleeping nearby. And while she did not get her way, she seems content that we're having this time together.

And it's a gentle reminder to me to spend more quality time with God , to thank Him for what He has given us. While I may not have all the things I want, He has provided me with everything I need.

And that's what I call contentment.

As for the cat-well we won't go there today!

1 comment:

Portrait of Peter said...

A truly wonderful posting and one can visualise - your running around in the rain - dog's do have a sense of humour!!

Thank you so much for kind comments too - please feel free to view my blogs anytime - you are always welcome.

I do know that I will be visiting your site - daily!!

Blessings to you for a wonderful weekend.

Peter