Friday, June 29, 2007

Show And Tell

Kelli is hosting a Show and Tell Friday. If you want to join in the fun, please visit Kelli's blog and leave a link to your post.

My Show and Tell this week is this ceramic cat's head, possibly a sugar bowl because it does have a lid.




An old friend who collected antiques gave this to me many years ago because he knew I was a cat lover. I really don't know much about it. I think it may be from the 1930's because it looks kind of "art deco". The only markings I see on it are "made in Japan".



I think he looks a bit like "Krazy Kat".
Thank you for looking at my mysterious cat head and most of all, thank you Kelli for hosting Show And Tell Friday.

7 comments:

Susan said...

He is very cute and very different.
Susan

Kelli said...

So cute!! I love it!
Kelli

Carole Burant said...

I've never seen anything like it, how adorable!! It would be so interesting to try to find out more about it..I'll keep my eyes open when I'm browsing ebay:-)

... said...

very interesting and unique. how big is he? you mentioned it could be a sugar bowl. is it big enough for a cookie jar? (probably not).

i like him.

Unknown said...

I have never seen anything like him! Quite unique!

Anonymous said...

Lynne,

That is soo cute!!

Such amazing detail and as you luv cats - what better item to have.

Peter

Lynne said...

dians-he is about 6 inches tall and 6inches wide from ear to ear.
Right now I keep him on my dresser. I think he's cute but my hubby thinks he's hideous.