Sunday, June 24, 2007

Anyone For Some Sweet Corn Tea?

Fresh Picked Sweet Corn by David Carter Brown



We had the best weather this weekend and spent most of it outdoors. Went to our favorite outdoor flea market and barbecued. Carlos did some fishing while Raven and I did our walking thing. Perfect weather to usher in the first weekend of Summer 2007. Well all this time spent outdoors in the heat does make one thirsty, so I thought I would try Mrs. Wilt's Southern Sweet Tea recipe that she had posted at the Sparrow's Nest.

While waiting for the water and sugar to boil, I opened the refrigerator to get a bottle of water to drink and noticed that the pitcher I use for iced tea was in there also and it was filled with what I thought was lemonade.

"How sweet of Carlos," I thought as I poured myself a glass. Then I noticed this "lemonade" had a peculiar smell, a very corny kind of smell.

"Carlos-what's in that pitcher in the refrigerator?" I asked, not so sure if I wanted to know the answer.

"It's the water from the pot that you made the corn-on-the-cob in. I'm going to drink it-it's supposed to be good for the kidneys."

And drink it he did. Gross!!!

Anyway, I made the Southern Sweet Tea using British blend tea bags so I don't know how this is going to turn out.

But I'm sure it will taste better than "sweet corn tea".

5 comments:

... said...

awww... i was looking forward to hearing what sweet corn tea tasted like =]

but even regular tea sounds good. i think i'll go brew me some.

Portrait of Peter said...

One always enjoys a nice cup of Scottish tea with the great taste and the pure water in this location.

Beautiful awakening to every morning.

So luv your post too.

Lynne said...

Diana, I'm sure it's an aquired taste. Next time I make corn-on-the-cob I may sample a bit!

Peter,what happened to your blog? Has it faded into the Scottish mist-I can't seem to find it.

Kelli said...

Eww...I'm with you, I'll stick to the iced tea! LOL

Kelli

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Ummmm ... sounds interesting !!!
Let me know if you ever taste the sweet corn tea, won't you.
Take care, MEow