Saturday, June 9, 2007

Happy Birthday in Heaven Mom

Today would have been my Mother's 73rd birthday. It will soon be six years that she went home to Jesus after battling ovarian cancer. The following was one of her favorites, it was read at her funeral. I thought it would be a nice way to honor her.


Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is doubt, faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light;

Where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;

To be understood as to understand;

To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.


I made this patriotic planter this morning for the cemetery.There's a bright red geranium in the back, a few dusty millers, and a wave petunia in the front. Then I put a few spinners in. I think she would have liked it. I may make another for our front porch.

3 comments:

Steffi said...

Hello Lynne!Nice words for your memory to your mom!Your flowers for her are really beautiful.

Portrait of Peter said...

Lynne, may your fond memories of your dear mother always be reflective of this emotive Prayer of St Francis.

So deeply moving and one in which I can fully understand why your dear mother so loved.

Your beautiful floral tribute is also a joy to see and would so agree that you also place another at your home.

Blessings to you on this day of thoughts.

Lynne said...

Thank you Steffi and Peter.I really appreciate your visits and kind comments. Have a great day!