Monday, June 18, 2007

Ovarian Cancer

Face Dove by Pablo Picasso



Six years ago today my mother died from ovarian cancer after battling it for about 2 1/2 years. She had NO symptoms before she was diagnosed except for a little bit of blood in her urine. The cancer was in an advanced stage by the time it was found so she only had a 20 to 30% chance of surviving. Recently the New York Times printed an article listing some early symptoms that may indicate ovarian cancer and other important information every woman should know. You can read that article here .

I urge every woman who reads this to check out that article. We had no family history of ovarian cancer before my mom. I will also keep you updated on any info I find on the subject as this is something very near and dear to me. Thanks for taking the time to read this and God bless.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm am sorry to hear you lost your mother at such a young age. (((Hugs))). Thank you for the reminder to have regular exams.
Kelli

Portrait of Peter said...

Lynne an emotive post and necessary to raise awareness for all women of the dangers.

~~Deby said...

my mom died 16 months ago from breast cancer that metastasized to her brain..she died 18 days after her brain cancer diagnosis..she did not have her first mammogram until she was 76...didn't believe in them...there was NEVER any breast cancer in our family...
Thanks for this..first time at your blog...I MISS my mom so much
Deby

Lynne said...

Thnak you for your kind comments Kelli, Deby, and Peter.
Deby, how sad your mom died so soon after her diagnosis.
When my mom was first diagnosed, it was just a few days before Christmas and it was such a big shock to all of us because she always took good care of her health and had regular check-ups. I miss her so much, but I know she's in a better place.
Thank you all for visiting.

Steffi said...

It´s a terrible sad story about your mom!I had really tears in my eyes!It´s terrible to received this diagnose short time before christmas!I wish you much power of your life!

Lynne said...

Thank you Steffi.