Wednesday, January 23, 2008

No Dumping!

Raccoon, Climbing out of Urban Garbage Can, Winter by Daniel Cox


Our garbage men sanitation engineers must really hate us with all the stuff we've been tossing lately. I've been recycling and giving away as much as possible, but a lot of it is just plain junk, so out it goes. Dumpster divers are welcome to "rescue" anything they want to!

In between all this purging, here are some other "exciting" things that have been going on around here:

Woke up to no heat on what was probably the coldest morning of the year (doesn't it always seem to happen that way?) It was a minor thing and we are now again warm and toasty.

Had a major fire in the neighborhood today; a warehouse went up in flames and burned for six hours. I was at work when it happened, so I don't have any photos. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

And yes, THE NEW JERSEY NEW YORK GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!
Hooray!!!

4 comments:

... said...

did you take that picture? i mean, was there really a raccoon in your trash can?

i bet it feels good to get rid of stuff.

Lynne said...

No, the picture is from allposters.com-you can bog images from there. I mostly get stray kitties rummaging in my trash!

Kelli said...

I'm glad no one was hurt in the fire! I love the raccoon picture, I will have to show Emily. She is doing her first ever book report on raccoons! LOL
Hugs,
Kelli

Anonymous said...

I'm a trash collector - that stuff is nothing for us to pick up. You ever outside when the guys are throwing your stuff intot he back of the truck?