Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Taste Of Spring

Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat


Absolutely gorgeous here today! Sunny, mid 60's, people outside everywhere enjoying the day. More like early spring than mid-winter, but I checked the calender and, yes it's still January. Just a few days ago it was bone chilling cold and I was all set to hibernate with my comfort food and catch up on some reading. But instead I found myself outdoors, walking Raven, and watching kids play kickball. Sure looks like spring to me. But by 5pm, it was getting dark outside, a little reminder of what season it really is. But I really don't mind the winter, it's a good time to catch up on things that need to be done indoors, and believe me there's plenty that needs to be done here. But I will take advantage of any "spring break" that comes my way.

3 comments:

... said...

i heard about some of the unseasonally mild temperatures in some areas. enjoy it while you can... you know it's not going to last :]

btw, the picture you have posted has always been one of my favorite paintings.

Lynne said...

I remember seeing this painting in Chicago-it was fairly large and made up of all these tiny dots. Truly amazing painting and one of my favorites also.

Kelli said...

We have been having a warm winter too... 60's this week! Crazy!

Kelli