Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veteran's Day

A hand reaches out to touch a name on the Vietnam Wall by Steve Raymer
A hand reaches out to touch a name on the Vietnam Wall


To honor everyone, everywhere, past and present, who served during wartime:


IN MEMORY OF DEPARTED COMRADES

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;

I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there; I did not die in vain as
long as my sacrifice is not forgotten.


(Author Unknown)


My Dad served during the Korean War. His 75th birthday was a few days ago. Tonight my entire family will be celebrating with him.

Hope everyone has a blessed Veteran's Day

1 comment:

... said...

aloha!

what a beautiful poem. how nice to be celebrating with a veteran - to remember and to be thankful. tell him thank you from me.