Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Coffee Talk

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Last night I tried something that I have never done before. I know you people are going to think that I have been living in a cave for the past ten years or so, but I had my first Starbucks coffee yesterday.

I've had several doctor's appointments and tests done in the past two weeks and last night I had one with a cardiologist. Something abnormal had shown up on my stress test, so I had to go for a follow up. It turned out to be nothing serious.

Anyway, my doctor's office is located in the same parking lot as our local shopping mall, so Carlos and I decided to take a little stroll inside. As we walked by Starbucks I said "You know, I never had a coffee from here." So Carlos offered to buy me one.

What a way to celebrate having a healthy heart-a jolt of caffeine!

We went inside and I scanned the menu which seemed to be written in Latin. Then I saw some words I was familiar with.

"I'll have a pumpkin spice coffee."

"Tall, Grande, or Venti?"

"Which one is the smallest?"

"That would be the Tall."

"Okay, I'll have that size." By now I was getting funny looks from the artsy fartsy twenty-somethings behind me on line.

"Do you want a latte?"

"Yes please." (I honestly had no idea what that meant-I figured I would go for the true Starbucks experience.)

She mixed together my "latte" and handed me the "tall" cup which was actually pretty short. Carlos handed her $3.75.

That is one pricey little cuppa Joe! It's a good thing I had already seen the cardiologist!

Anyway, it was a pretty good cup of coffee, but coffee always tastes better to me when it's made by someone else. Carlos made sure I drank every drop.

So I may visit Starbucks again in the near future, probably while doing my Christmas shopping. That usually puts me in a zombie-like trance and a caffeine buzz should zap me back to life. But first I must brush up on my latte lingo so I can order like the true coffee addict that I am. I might really splurge and get the Venti.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I luv your post of "Coffee Talk" and of your attending "Starbucks" - such are the changes you describe that I think I shall refrain from attending too :lol:

And at that price, I think unless a special event - just shows how they can up the price with quant wording ;)

Still I am pleased all was okay with your Cardiology results - always makes one feel more relaxed - although tut tut more caffeine....

Steffi said...

Very nice post of your Coffee Talk and I agree with Peter :I am pleased all was okay with your Cardiology results - always makes one feel more relaxed - although tut tut more caffeine...
I like to drink coffee and we have here Starbucks too.

Steffi

... said...

i'm sorry to say this, but, you have been living in a cave :] jk.

i remember the first time i went into a starbucks and ordered. it's very intimidating. i didn't even like coffee then. my sister told me to try a white mocha. and even tho i like other drinks, that's still my favorite. so next time, try one of those.

this is my regular order: decaf grande non-fat no-whip white mocha (sometimes, extra hot). once you get the lingo down, you feel like one of the in-crowd =D

oh, and glad your heart is okay.