Sunday, September 16, 2007

Saying Farewell To Summer...

Well what a gorgeous weekend we had here in NJ! Okay, Saturday morning it did rain a bit, but the rest of the weekend it was sunny and cool, a nice change from all that heat and humidity we had in August. I'm starting to feel human again.

Saturday we took Raven to a park to a few miles from here. It was a perfect late summer afternoon. The Rutgers football team was playing nearby and we could hear the fans cheering and the band playing from where we were. There's also a small zoo at this park featuring goats, emus, one looking sad coyote, and a llama named "Dolly". I forgot to bring my camera, but I'm sure we'll be going there again soon, so next time I will take some pictures.

I've been gradually putting away our summer things. The weather has been so unpredictable here that I know if I pack up all of our summer clothing, we will most certainly have a 90 something degree day soon afterwards.

I hung a fall wreath on our front door and put a Yankee Candle Farmhouse Apple scented tart in the tart warmer. Just little bits of autumn to get me motivated. I really love the warm, spicy, scents of the season. And all the beautiful rich colors. And by the way, if you ever find yourself in the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania, you MUST stop here:




That's American Candle on Rte. 611 in Bartonsville, Pennsylvania. Yeah, you can always visit them online, but it's not the same. I took these pictures last year and that building in the photo is just a very small portion of the store. I think I was really trying to get a picture of the trees. Anyway, nothing awakens my female shopping gene like this place. There are candles in every color, scent, and form that you can think of, plus there are all kinds of collectables, barrels of penny candy, kitchen items, Christmas decorations, and many, many other wonderful things. I could spend hours here just looking at everything. I'm hoping to go here again sometime in October when the leaves are putting on their annual show. My youngest sister used to live near here, but she moved back to New Jersey-boo hoo!

Well, it's getting late so I'm going to say goodnight. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Be back soon.

3 comments:

Steffi said...

Very beautiful pictures,Lynne! I love the fall too because the temperatures are more pleasant as in the summer and the leafs on the trees have such nice colores.I don´t like the heat in the summer.Yes, the fall have very nice sides.But I don´t like the rainy and grey days of the fall.

Have a nice day!

Kelli said...

Gorgeous pictures of the fall colors, Lynne! We have to wait until late October to see them here in Texas and even then it's not like up north!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

The autumn trees - a delight to see with the display of beauty.

I so luv candles too - and probably would have felt quite at home in such a setting at the store you mentioned.

The aroma always lingers and allows such a tranquil scene - at least for you and Raven to snooze - I so believe ....