Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A bit Of A Dilemma....

Santa Marie by Raphael


I know I haven't been around much-I've been very busy both at home and at my job and I'm trying to savor these last few snippets of summer (although I'm REALLY looking forward to autumn). So imagine my surprise when I arrived home today and among the bills and assorted junk mail was this:



I have in my possession 2 of the hottest tickets in NYC!!!!
But here is the problem-I don't know who to take with me. I have three sisters, but only one extra ticket. My hubby has already told me he doesn't want to attend and suggested that I bring my father. YIKES!! I can't fathom bringing the "Popster" to that sea of humanity known as Manhattan-I'm afraid he'll wander off and I'll lose him. And then I myself will one day be featured on the Oprah Show when the topic is "Adult Children Who Abandon Their Aging Parents At Train Stations In Major U.S. Cities".
Anyway, I'm thinking of asking a friend at work who desperately tried to get tickets and was unable to because her computer decided to crash while she was attempting to access the site. I hear that the show may be about 9/11 and this friend of mine was the first person who informed me about that horrible tragedy. So right now I'm kind of leaning towards asking her. But I don't want to upset my other friends at work. Boy, I really need to pray on this!!!

So I'm wondering what should I do?

4 comments:

... said...

wow, you do have a dilemma, don't you? i hope it doesn't take away the excitement of have two tickets. i mean, that is frenzied excitement. you'll be in my prayers. oh, and, congratulations!

btw... if you get a chance, read my post today. you've been tagged =]

Janet said...

WOW!! Don't know about the subject matter but David Letterman will be her guest that day. You do have a dilemma. Could you put your sisters names in a hat and draw one?

I'll be watching.

Kelli said...

Yikes! That is a hard decision. I like your idea about taking your friend but then your sisters might be hurt. Hmm...let us know what you do!

Kelli

Lynne said...

My sister Susan will be going with me. My other two sisters work in schools and were unable to attend so that worked out well.