Monday, August 13, 2007

Zucchini Appetizer



Check it out-I finally tried one of those "Betty Crocker Recipe of the Day" recipes in my sidebar! It was the "Zucchini Appetizer" one (any recipe with the "z" word in it catches my eye this time of year) and it actually turned out edible. And I also had all the ingredients on hand so it was super simple. I've been looking for ways to use my monster zucchinis-they're so big the dog's afraid of them. I've made some sweet types of zucchini bread-Carlos doesn't really care for that type of thing, so yours truly ended up eating most of that. However, he really liked this and I will be making it again.

I'll admit I had my doubts about it before I put it in the oven. It didn't look too promising, in fact it looked downright gross! I expected it to turn into an "Our Gang" type wee-wow cake and take over my kitchen! But it turned out well-I did bake it about 5 minutes longer than the recipe called for. I also sprinkled a little Parmesan cheese on top while it was still warm and cut it into larger pieces. I served it as a side dish with our dinner. So if your looking for more ways to use up that surplus zucchini, I highly recommend this recipe.

5 comments:

... said...

they look good. i went over to the betty crocker site to see what was all in it - nd it sounds good too. wish i had some giant zucchinis =]

Janet said...

I like anything with zucs and this recipe sounds great. But I hate to cook!!

Anonymous said...

That looks very YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That looks ever so tempting - as long as it is soft - given my 'new denture'..

Keep some for later ......

Peter

Kelli said...

I think I would really like this! The top looks nice and crispy..mmm. Parmesan and zucchini are great together too! Thank you for the recipe!
Kelli