Thursday, August 2, 2007

Cat-Napping

Kittens In A Hammock


Yes, that's what I was doing this afternoon. I had come home from work early and turned on the TV to watch the Yankee game. Took some pain reliever for my shoulder and sinus headache and next thing I knew I was out out out (just like the Yankees!)Meanwhile my hubby had come home, went into the backyard and accidently locked himself outside. He tried banging on the door and windows but neither Raven or I heard him (good watch dog, eh?)

So it was Jeter to the rescue (my cat that is, not the Yankee). This cat is programmed to come out of hiding everyday at 5pm to indulge in his favorite hobby-eating. And nothing wakes you up like a large hungry kitty jumping on you. I awoke and stumbled into the kitchen and noticed hubby's keys on the table, I had no idea he was home, as there was no sign of him inside the house. I went outside into the stifling heat and there he was, a little mad and very sweaty. Maybe tomorrow I'll show him my secret way of breaking into the house!

And the Yankees also lost.

By the way, if you want to find the coolest spot in your home, take notice where your cat likes to sleep. Mine seems to like the corner behind the sofa-I think I'll pass on that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dog just has to go!!

Raven - some watch dog - you are!!

Poor hubby - locked outdoors, whilst the wife snoooooozing - such a hard life!!

Jeter to the rescue at least - even if food was on the mind.

Peter

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hahaha ... great watch-dog ... poor hubby !
Hope the shoulder is better.
Take care, Meow