Friday, August 17, 2007

Show And Tell



It's Show and Tell Friday! If you would like to join in the fun, please visit Kelli's blog and leave a link to your post.

My show and tell for this week are these Roly Poly tobacco tins. They are reproductions, I bought them years ago while vacationing in Cape May, NJ. I'm not a smoker, but I thought they were cute. The originals are hard to find and are usually pretty expensive. You can read a little bit more about their history by clicking here.

This distinguished looking gentleman is called the "businessman":



There's a tobacco ad on his back:



This smiling dude is the "cowboy":



And I think everyone knows who this jolly fellow is:



I only have these three but I'm always on the lookout for others. My cat would make an excellent model for one of these tins!

Thank you for looking ay my "Show and Tell" and thank you Kelli for hosting.

15 comments:

Gina E. said...

Lynne, these are so cute! I've never seen anything like them; it is thoughtful of you to include the link for more details. I don't smoke either, but I wouldn't mind having these guys just hanging around to make me smile!

Hootin Anni said...

I LOVE these! Especially the santa one [I collect Santas]. And oh so original, I've never heard of 'em before. Wow.

Mine's posted --- I really LOVE these shows and tells!!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen anything like them! So cute and detailed!

Pear tree cottage! said...

Very cute "show & tell" and being a christmas collector along with many other pieces this would be a great addition but I am guessing we would never find them in this country.

Enjoyed your blog every much. Lee-ann

Anonymous said...

Are these too cool or what?
Thanks for sharing.

Marci said...

Those are so cute and so roly poly. I have never seen them before.

Susan said...

Now those are very cute and very different. They do make you smile just looking at them.
Susan

... said...

how cool. i've never seen anything like these. they are very cute. and yes, i think your cat would be a wonderful model.

thanks for sharing.

Kelli said...

They are so cute! They look very jolly and happy!

Kelli

Anonymous said...

These tins are great! Love them.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Very unique, and I love the round and jolly shape.

LBP said...

Those little containers actually made me laugh out loud! They are so cute!

Linda

Julieann said...

Lynne, they are so funny--I can see why you love them--such happy little cannisters. I hope you find more.

Julieann

Anonymous said...

I love those roly poly tins. Have fun looking for more...

Lallee said...

I love the art and expressions on these. So cute! I would not have know what these were, so I learned something from you. Thanks for sharing!